Stephenson Harwood pensions team advise RoadChef Pension Scheme trustees on £24 million insurance bulk annuity contract - Philip Goodchild, Dan Bowman and Julia Cooper have advised the trustees of the RoadChef Pension Scheme in relation to a £24 million bulk annuity contract with Canada Life which secured all the Scheme members' benefits. In particular, the pensions team advised on the benefits to be secured under the contract as provided in the Scheme's current and historic governing documentation.
Julia is a pensions lawyer who advises on all aspects of pensions law. She has advised on transactions as well as litigation matters and day-to-day advisory work.
Julia is an associate who advises trustees and employers on general pensions issues. Julia has been seconded to a client who works internationally in the deployment of assets in regulated and unregulated markets. As part of this secondment, Julia has dealt with various broad ranging issues spanning pensions advisory, investment and contractual disputes.
Julia is a member of the Association of Pension Lawyers.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising on the interpretation of governing documentation.
- Drafting scheme amendments, trustee changes and advising trustee boards on governance issues.
- Providing pensions support on corporate transactions and advising on multi-jurisdictional matters.
- Advising on various aspects of closing and winding up pension schemes including ensuring appropriate governing provisions are in place under the scheme to allow for a wind up.
- Assisting with pensions litigation including adversarial actions.