A pensions expert with particular expertise in advising trustees and employers on all aspects of pension scheme benefits and design. Graham's clients particularly value his pragmatic, down-to-earth approach.
Graham has over 20 years' experience of advising pension schemes on all aspects of UK pensions law. Graham has been with Stephenson Harwood since January 2013 and is based in London.
Graham's key areas of expertise include advising trustees and employers on interpreting their scheme rules, scheme design and benefit changes, investment issues, pension scheme mergers/demergers, closing schemes to future accrual, employer debts and corporate guarantees, managing scheme liabilities, pension scheme governance, cross-border pension arrangements and Pensions Ombudsman cases.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising on the establishment, design, ongoing provision and closure of pension arrangements.
- Acting for corporates and trustees in relation to pension scheme mergers, demergers and buy-ins/buy-outs.
- Advising on the establishment and operation of pension arrangements spanning various European jurisdictions.
- Advising trustees in relation to internal dispute resolution procedures and referrals to the Pensions Ombudsman.
- Representing corporates and trustees in relation to the pension aspects of corporate transactions (including minimising pension liabilities arising from divestitures and acquisitions and, more generally, advising on group-wide pension arrangements and public sector pension arrangements).