Pensions law trustee update - Q4 2022
Priorities for trustees this quarter are to:
- consider if they need to take any steps as a result of the rapid increase to inflation (for example discretionary increases and a review of factors used for early retirement and transfer values);
- understand the steps they should be taking in light of the recent increase in gilt yields and collateral calls under liability-driven investments (LDIs) and its aftermath.
- ensure they are on track with their pension dashboard staging date; recent guidance highlights there are very strict and limited situations that this date can be deferred;
In addition, trustees should be aware of:
- the Pensions Regulator's (TPR) response to the consultation on its draft enforcement and prosecution policies. TPR has also published an enforcement strategy;
- the expectations that TPR has on trustees when their sponsoring employers are:
- undertaking merger and acquisitions; and/or
- the alignment of RPI to CPIH from 2030. Trustees should understand the impact this will have on the assets, liabilities and the funding position of their schemes.
Download PDF for more information